Niue is a small independent island country in South Pacific Ocean in the proximity of New Zealand, Tonga, Samoa and the Cook Islands. Niue is located on the island which is known as one of the world’s largest coral islands. The country is in free association with New Zealand and the citizens of Niue are also citizens of New Zealand. Niue has a small economy and primarily depends on aid from New Zealand and tourism for its financial growth.
But the country is also trying to develop as an offshore jurisdiction similar to its neighboring countries. For this purpose, there is a comprehensive legislation in Niue to provide assistance to foreign investors who want to open offshore companies in the country. Few of the most important and lucrative advantages available in Niue are following:
- Due to its isolated location and close relation to New Zealand, Niue is a politically and economically stable country
- Niue is a tax-free jurisdiction without any capital gains tax, income tax, stamp duty and other types of taxes
- English is an official language in Niue and most of the local population can understand and speak English. It is the language of company documentation also
- Niue depends on English common law for its legislation. It provides security for businesses
- The registration process and formation of Niue offshore company is simple and quick. It usually takes two working days to complete the whole process
- There is no minimum amount of the issued capital required for formation of an IBC
- Only a single director and shareholders are required. They can be of any nationality
- The country has signed Treaty on avoidance of double taxation with 12 countries
- The registration of real owner of the offshore company is not required
- Third parties can’t acquire information of bank transactions of an IBC
- The cost of company registration ($1575) and renewal ($975) is quite low as compared to several other offshore jurisdictions
All these points clearly reveal that Niue provides most of the advantages present in other famous offshore jurisdictions along with few unique benefits also. It is really profitable for foreign investors to establish IBCs in Niue. If you want to know about the complete process of setting up an offshore company in Niue, then you can contact us via landline # 971-4-558-6339 or email us at [email protected] We can assist you offshore company formations in UAE and several other offshore jurisdictions.